Thursday, October 11, 2012

Puttin on the Ritz

I made two decadent chocolately crispy treats from Ritz crackers. Who doesn't like Reeces Pieces, or the famous Peppermint bark that you make at Christmas time...??. I did both on Ritz crackers and that the results....well, you will have to make it yourself to believe me. I am not a baker myself, if there's a shortcut to anything sweet, I am all for it.

Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
1 sleeve of Ritz crackers
1/2 cup of good semi-sweet chocolate (chips or baking bar)
Reeces pieces (1/2 bag crushed)
Peppermint candies (15 pieces, crushed)
Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.

Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals, and stir. Do this step until the chocolate melts.

With two spoons, put a cracker at a time on a spoon and have the bowl under it to catch the excess chocolate. Smooth the chocolate just on top of the cracker and put in on the cookie sheet. Do this for all the crackers.

Half of the crackers get the crushed Reeces Pieces and the other half get the crushed peppermint candy. Put the sheet in the fridge until the chocolate sets.

You can melt more than 1/2 cup of chocolate if desired, but is was more than I needed for 1 sleeve of crackers since the top of crackers is all you need.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I found your blog address on a Yahoo group Waste Nothing. I love your ideas. It would be nice if you had a subscription service so every time you blogged it would go to my email box. I forget where my favorite blogs are sometimes. Thanks for all your work and please keep posting. Yours truly- Elaine in Luray

    ReplyDelete