Thursday, September 27, 2012

Peppermint Bark Crispy Cookies

I have to admit that in all purposes these are not really in a legal sense "cookies" but it sounded better than crackers. I also will note that once you make them you will swear that you are eating a delicate crispy cookie covered with peppermint bark. Whenever I shop there's one item that I have to buy because they are so versatile and that is Town House Crackers (thanks Keebler). Whatever mood I am in at the time, all I need to buy extra ingredients and I can have ready-made snacks anytime. I did my all true and tried method again. I dont particularly to buy a whole bag of white chocolate chips. Instead, one of my favorite chocolate is Lindt and they have single bars which I purchased, white and dark chocolate. I bought the white chocolate. Town House crackers (1 sleeve) 1 large bar of Lindt white chocolate Peppermint candy (crushed) Waxed paper lined pan or sheet 1. Line a pan with waxed paper or parchment and line your crackers down in rows. 2. In a microwave safe bowl, break up the Lindt bar and check it after 30 secs. Stir to see if it is melted. If not, continue for another 20-30 secs. Check until the chocolate is melted. 3. With two spoons, over the bowl.....take a cracker at a time put it on a spoon and with the other spoon, spoon the chocolate over it, and let the extra chocolate drip down in the bowl. Smooth the chocolate over the top of cracker and lay it down on the pan. Continue to the next one. 4. Be sure the tops have ample chocolate on them since the bottom is the cracker part. 5. Sprinkle the peppermint candy all over the crackers so they are covered with the candy. Tap the pan so the candy are dispersed evenly. 6. Put in the refrigerator till the chocolate sets. You will have a sweet, crispy, melt-­in-your-mouth chocolately sensation waiting for you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment