Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Glittery Angel Onaments and garland

These easy to make cute angels were made out of toilet paper rolls.... believe it or not. I was so busy making these that I regret that I didn't take picture of the the step by step directions. 1. I took a toilet paper roll and marked 1/2 inch increment strips all the way to the end of the roll and cut the strips. 2. The wings are shaped to a triangle shaped, used 2 of the strips for those. 3. Cut 2 strips in half, the bottom will be curved ...its very easy to bend and curl any strip (I used the edge of my kitchen counter and it curled any strip I wanted). The top part of skirt is will pointy so that the wings can be glued to that part. 4. The wings at either end are glued to the pointy end of the skirt with hot glue. 5. The head is cut in half then, cut again and glued to a cirlcle. you can use tacky glue for this part. Let it dry for a bit. The other half of the strip will the halo which will be glued to the wings on either side (all strips will be hot glued). You will see the head is suspended on it's itself because the halo is joined to the wings. 6. I though it will kinda clever to do it that way. Then. I just took plain craft glue and sprinkled different glitter on each angel. I did those two ways: I did the garland where I put string all through going in and out of the wings of each one and continued to the other angel. 7. Then I took off the garland and made them individual ornament and put silver curling ribbon around the head. I can't decide what way I want to go.

5 comments:

  1. I think this is really cute! I have never seen anything like this. It looks pretty simple too. I have been saving (hoarding) my tp and paper towel rolls so I can do some decorating inexpensively (on the cheap), why not, better than spending money when I don't need to and this is more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really nice and different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should really take the time, go back and put in the step by step instructions. Then all of us will know the process. Plus the paint used really makes a big difference in the effect achieved. Some paints actually dissolve oeuvre weaken glue, so knowing what paint you used and how long these lasted would be really helpful.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should really take the time, go back and put in the step by step instructions. Then all of us will know the process. Plus the paint used really makes a big difference in the effect achieved. Some paints actually dissolve oeuvre weaken glue, so knowing what paint you used and how long these lasted would be really helpful.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative!! Yes, I too, would like directions on this craft. Great pics and I have made lots of different things with these paper rolls so could probably figure it out, but you did an awesome job and should share the details! :o) Enjoyed your blog too...I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete